INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND APPLICATIONS DEVELOPMENT
DSG designed and maintains many government web-sites for the Department of Justice, the Department of Health and Human Services, and especially the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). Software engineers and web designers manage security and 508 compliance for many .gov web-sites, conduct 508 compliance training, and administer several web services to operate government web sites. Programmers also design and develop free-standing research and resource center databases.
Security and accessibility are core commitments for all DSG IT projects. Systems engineers and Web designers collaborate to manage the security and 508 compliance for numerous .gov Web sites. Whether hosted on Federal resources, the cloud, or within the DSG hosting environment, our clients receive top notch professional services to help ensure the safety of their information and the continuous operation of their Web applications.
Counterterrorism Reporting Database
Development Services Group, Inc., and our partner, the Terrorism, Transnational Crime and Corruption Center at George Mason University, are building on our terrorism, science, and systems expertise to support the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Counterterrorism and Countering Violent Extremism. We are building a terrorism open-source database that will use advanced machine learning and data science to collect global terrorism incidents and analyze patterns and trends of terrorist activity, groups, and their tactics. This work has a dual purpose: first, support the work of the State Department in producing the congressionally mandated annual reports on terrorism and, second, to continue the research into terrorism and how to prevent it.
DSG offers top-flight website design and all related maintenance services. We produce and provide
- Websites as marketing for information tools
- Compliance with 508 requirements
- Educational and training materials designed for website dissemination
- Graphics and principles of graphic design into website presentations
- Programming that incorporates state-of-the-art computer languages and techniques, includes the dynamic use of data
- Registration of websites as appropriate with all available search engines
- Regular maintenance and updating of materials to increase “hits”
- Online registration for conferences
- ListServs, directory hierarchies, TCP/IP communications to the Internet
We will customize your homepage for 1) general users interested in a program’s purpose, objectives, and results or 2) a select audience (workshop participants, agency staff, and approved others) who can use a password to access the homepage, newsgroups and forums.