RESEARCH & EVALUATION
You have questions. DSG gets the answers.
In keeping with our mission of Science in the Service of People, the dozens of scientists and support staff who make up DSG’s Research and Evaluation Division help clients and consumers alike make evidence-based decisions about behavioral health, justice, and education policies, programs, practices, and interventions.
Indeed, DSG is a leader in evidence assessment, having worked for decades to identify the best of science through systematic, rigorous analysis and share that knowledge with the public.
Featured Project – Safe Harbor
The commercial sexual exploitation (CSE) of children is a serious threat to the safety and well-being of many vulnerable youths in the United States. Using a three phased, multiple methods study design, DSG scientists completed the most comprehensive study of the effectiveness of safe harbor laws to date.
LDSG engages in original quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-methods research to shed light on poorly understood phenomena. Our scientists design, conduct, and analyze data from:
- Structured interviews
- Impact evaluations
- Outcome evaluations
- Pilot studies
- Process evaluations
- Case studies
- Focus Groups
- Site visits
- Ethnographic mapping
- Participant observation
- Randomized controlled trials
- Quasi-experimental research
Our scientists are also adept at conducting systematic research reviews and meta-analyses, as well as secondary data analysis of small-to-large datasets, including:
- U.S. Census Data
- Buprenorphine Waiver Notification System
- National Child Abuse and Neglect Data System
- Treatment Episode Data Set
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System
- Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System
- Uniform Crime Reports
- Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System
- National Survey on Drug Use and Health
- National Health Interview Survey